An Advisory Council supports the director of NIMAR in his work. As NIMAR bears a responsibility to society, various representatives from society sit on the Advisory Council: Ahmed Aboutaleb (Mayor of Rotterdam) as chair, other Dutch-Moroccans, representatives from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, administrators, politicians, and representatives from universities of applied sciences and other research universities.
Members of the Advisory Council are:
- Mr. Ahmed Aboutaleb Ing, (Mayor of the city of Rotterdam), chairman
- Mrs. Dr Zohra Acherrat, (psychiatrist at the FPC de Oostvaarderskliniek and chairman of the foundation 'Stichting Vrouwen Activiteiten Centrum'),
- The Ambassador of of the Netherlands in Rabat (Mrs. Désirée Bonis),
- Mrs. Prof. Dr Marjo Buitelaar (Islam- en Morocco specialist, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen),
- Colonel Ali Eddaoudi (Head of Islamic Spiritual Care of the Dutch armed forces),
- Mr. Ron Borremans (Representative of the Universities of Applied Sciences).